TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE
About these Terms and Conditions of Sale
The following terms and conditions of sale (the “Terms of Sale”) will apply to all purchases made through the website at oakley.com (the “Website”). The Website and the goods supplied through it are provided by Luxottica Group S.p.A., a company incorporated in Italy, VAT 10182640150, subscribed share capital Euro 28.653.640,38, number of registration at the Companies Register of Milan 00891030272, R.E.A. Milan n. 1348098, with headquarters at Piazzale Luigi Cadorn a 3, 20123, Milan, Italy, telephone number +39 02863341, telefax number +390286334050 (referred to here as “We”, “Us” and “Our”). When we refer to “You” and “Your& rdquo; we mean you, the user of the Site and purchaser of goods.
Luxottica reserves itself the r ight to change the Terms of Sale and the Additional Policies at any time. Any changes to the Terms of Sale or the Additional Policies will be effective for all new orders placed after the change is published on the Websi te. We invite You to check the Terms of Sale and Additional Policies posted on the Website before each order – so as to evaluate and accept the changes occurred since your last visit. If you have any questions or r equests about the Terms of Sale, any of the Additional Policies, the goods or the Website, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any variation of this Terms of Sale requires our written confirmation.
Please note that these Terms of Sale and Additional Policies do not affect or limit your statutory rights as a consumer, in accordance with all mandatory consumer laws applicable in your country.
PART A – INFORMATION ABOUT THE WEBSITE AND THE GOODS
This PART A sets out some important information about the Website and the goods which are offered for s ale on the Website.
Information provided on the WEBSite
We try to make sure that all information on the Website, including descriptions of our goods and listed prices, is accurate and correct at all times. However, mistakes do happen. We will try to resolve all errors in information on the Website as soon as reasonably possible and if we believe that such an error has affected your order we will • make all reasonable efforts to notify you via the contact information you provided to us on your account or during your order.
Buying goods over the internet provides for a different shopping experience than buying in-store. In particular, you should be aware that:
- the colours of the item(s) as shown on the Website will depend on many factors – including your display settings;
- the actual sizes and shapes of the item(s) may differ from how they appear on your screen. Please note that all relevant technical information is provided for each item on sale on the Website;
- pictures and images on the Website are for illustration purposes only. For an accurate description of any item and details of what is included with the item, please refer to the corresponding written description.
- all goods are subject to availability and we may not be able to supply your order. We reserve the right to withdraw any goods from sale at any time;
- we will do our best to arrange delivery of your item(s) within a reasonable time of ordering, in line with all applicable laws as well as the present Terms of Sale; please note, however, that all tracking information is provided to us by our delivery service provider and are estimates of delivery times only. Actual delivery dates may vary. Further delivery details may be available on our delivery service provider's tracking website. Please see PART B below for more information about delivery;
- not all goods and promotions that are offered on the Website will be available in-store, and vice versa. We reserve the right to adjust prices, items and special offers at our discretion on this Website, in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations. Any such change will not affect orders that have already been placed by you, even prior to our acceptance
We will do our best to check the Website for viruses but we do not warrant that the Website is free of viruses or other malicious content for your personal computer, tablet, smartphone or any other device you will use. For your own benefit, you should make sure that you have appropriate software and systems in place to check for viruses and other malicious content on the internet. This is without prejudice to the terms spelled out in the TOU.
We have the right at any time to modify or stop providing the Website as well as the right to stop selling any or all item(s) through it, either temporarily or permanently, with or without notice. We shall not be liable to you for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of availability of the Website.
PART B – BUYING GOODS
This PART B sets out the terms that apply to your purchase of goods from the Website.
Placing your Order
- Once you have selected the items which you would like, you will be asked to register your personal details with us by completing a registration form. Registration is not required; however we encourage registration in order to facilitate the checkout process during future orders on the Website. You always have the option to complete your order as a “guest” without registering on the Website. You will also be asked to provide details about your debit or credit card in order to allow us to take the payment after our acceptance of your order. The display of the item(s) on the Website and the request to provide such detail and information do not constitute a contractual obligation for Luxottica to provide the goods until the order has been fully accepted, in accordance with the following terms.
- Should we find any inaccuracy during our verification of your details or a discrepancy in your credit or debit card information, the purchase process can be delayed, suspended or interrupted.
- After placing an order through the dedicated section of our Website, you will access a confirmation webpage, summarizing your order, and receive an order confirmation email (together the “Order Confirmations”). You should carefully review all details and information indicated in the Order Confirmations, verifying that they match your intentions. You will be able to add to or amend your order after we send the Order Confirmations for one hour after the Order Confirmation by contacting our Customer Service at 0800 2794157.
- The Order Confirmations contain details of the items you have ordered, the total cost of the order including delivery and an order number.
- The Order Confirmations is your commitment to buy the goods and an authorization to charge the corresponding price on the credit or debit card, subject to Luxottica’s confirmation and acceptance of the order.
Personalized Oakley Products
- Oakley custom products are offered for personal use only, and are not to be used for any commercial gain. Oakley reserves the right to refuse any orders that contain wording or symbols Oakley believes in its sole discretion to be inappropriate, infringing of other's rights or disparaging to the Oakley brand in any way. By ordering a custom Oakley product, the consumer agrees to take full responsibility and to indemnify Oakley for any claims made by a third party that any part of the personalization created by the customer infringes the rights of or otherwise damages the third party.
- Customized Oakley products (glasses and accessories) may not be returned: you will not benefit from a right of withdrawal, because they are personalised and have been custom made for you.
- All orders summarized in the Order Confirmations are subject to acceptance by Luxottica which reserves itself the right to accept the order in relation to all or only to part of the items indicated in the Order Confirmations
- Successful acceptance of Your order will be communicated to you by sending you an email with confirmation of Your contract and subsequent shipping of the purchased items (the “Shipping Confirmation”). Your contract with Luxottica, will thus be treated as entered into on the date of the Shipping Confirmation email and it will refer exclusively to those items listed in the Shipping Confirmation.
- The Shipping Confirmation will contain a copy of these Terms of Sale, the information regarding the right of withdrawal and the form to exercise it (unless you expressly specify your preference to receive these documents in paper, enclosed in the package you will receive), as well as the receipt of your purchase and will precisely indicate the VAT paid for such transaction. The receipt will act as proof for the purchase of the items and can be at any time retrieved on the Website under the section “Order History”. We strongly suggest you to print out a copy of the receipt, together with a copy of the present Terms of Sale and of the Additional Policies, and to keep them safe. Should you need to contact us in relation to your order, you may need to expressly refer to these documents
- Although we hope to be able to supply all goods ordered, we reserve the right, at our discretion and without the need to provide justifications, not to accept any offer at any time before the relevant goods have been dispatched. Should we refuse your order we will notify you as soon as reasonably possible.
- We will take payment from your credit or debit card at the time you will receive the Shipping Confirmation by email, detailing what items have been shipped from your order and the cost to ship these items (the “Email”). If your order is split into multiple shipments, we will charge you only for the items actually shipped at that time. The Email will include information of the items actually shipped at that time only, a summary of these terms and conditions, information on the purchased goods, on the right of withdrawal, on the methods of payment and on the applicable taxes, and all information we are required to provide by law. We will contact you if we have any problems taking payment from the card details you provide during the order process. Should the payment not be successful or performed, Luxottica is exempted from delivering the item(s), without prejudice to any other applicable remedy and right
- All prices shown on the Website are inclusive of VAT and other applicable taxes. We do not charge you any fee for delivering the items to your shipping address, notwithstanding the specific terms in relation to the delivery of the items set forth in the Shipping Information.
- Except where otherwise set out in these Terms of Sale, the price payable by you for the goods is the price given in the relevant Order Confirmations at the time you place your order.
- Whilst we try to ensure that all the prices on the Website are accurate, errors may occur. If, before our acceptance of your order as indicated by the Shipping Confirmation, we discover an error in the price of the goods you have ordered we will inform you as soon as reasonably possible unless differently provided according to the applicable consumer law.
- You will then be given the option of re-confirming your order at the correct price or cancelling your order.
- If we are unable to contact you using the contact details you provided during the order process, we will treat the order as cancelled and notify you by email.
- This is without prejudice to all the rights and provisions which are applicable to you as a consumer, in accordance with any mandatory and applicable consumer law.
- The Order Confirmations will include general information about your order and will include an estimated delivery date for your goods. The Email will include such estimated delivery date as well as a tracking number that you may use to track your order on our delivery service provider's website and confirm when the item is delivered
- Delivery will take place at the delivery address in the territory covered by this Website as specified by you during the order process. Note that if you purchase an item, for instance, on the French Site, you may only indicate a shipping address located in France, or if you purchase an item on the German Site then you may only indicate a shipping address located in Germany, and so forth. Such limitations are exclusively due to actual, logistical and organizational reasons, related to the delivery of the items in various European countries.
- In relation to all items sold through the Website Oakley.com, Luxottica offers Free Shipping on all orders within your country of residence. We estimate that Orders can be delivered in approximately 3 business days starting from the day we send out our Shipping Confirmation (hereinafter, "Shipping Day"). This term is extended to 7 business days for customized items. Orders will anyway be delivered at the latest, within 30 days from the Shipping Day or, if shorter, within the maximum delivery period required by mandatory applicable laws and regulations of your country of residence. All shipments are fully insured for any loss, theft or damage during transit. Shipment to P.O. boxes is not possible
- If you have purchased an Oakley customized item, customized frames are tailor-made to your specifications in the U.S.A. and therefore require a longer processing and transit time. Usually customized orders are delivered within 7 business days starting from the Shipping Day.
- In the Shipping Confirmation we will confirm the carrier’s details and the tracking number as soon as your order is shipped. You can track the delivery status of your order at any time through your My Account page on Oakley.com.
- For all delivery enquires please contact us at email@example.com
- Once the goods have been delivered to you and you have taken the physical possession of them, you become owner of those goods and from that moment on you will bear any risk for loss, theft or damage, in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations. Upon delivery you will be required to check the condition of the order and whether the correct number of items have been delivered. Missing items will be re-ordered and damaged/incorrect items will be returned and, subject to these Terms of Sale, replaced and delivered free of charge. You must let us know about any damaged, missing and/or incorrect goods in accordance with the Warranty Policy under Part D of the present Terms of Sale.
PART C – CANCELLING YOUR ORDER AND RETURNING GOODS
Right of withdrawal. We offer the right to withdraw from the contract for any reason within a 30-day return period since the date of delivery, allowing you to cancel your contract within up to 30 days after you acquire physical possession of the item(s). The right of withdrawal can be exercised in relation to one or more delivered items, except for customized items.
In case of withdrawal and return of the items, You are asked to take reasonable care of the items and to return all unwanted goods to us at your cost. We invite you to read our Returns Policy for more information about our 30-day return period and returning the goods. Please note that this 30-day return period provides you with a longer period to evaluate your purchase compared to the 14-day return period to exercise the right of withdrawal and return the purchased item(s), usually granted by the Italian L.D. 206/2005, by the European Directive on consumer protection (Directive 2011/83/EC) and by all mandatory consumer law applicable to your country. Please see the "Returns Policy" for the specific terms and conditions applicable to your rights of withdrawal and refund. You may exercise these rights using the form provided at firstname.lastname@example.org
Faulty goods. If you find the goods that have been delivered do not materially conform with their previously given description in the Order Confirmations, are incomplete or damaged or are faulty and we cannot remedy the issue or fault to your reasonable satisfaction then these goods can be returned without prejudice to other rights granted to you by applicable law. We invite you to carefully read our Warranty and Returns Policies for more information about returning the faulty goods or those purchased items which do not correspond to those described in the Order Confirmations and confirmed in the Shipment Confirmation
PART D – GENERAL TERMS ABOUT OUR RELATIONSHIP WITH YOUU
End Use Only
- Goods sold on this Website are for consumers' private end use only and not intended for resale or commercial distribution. You represent that you are purchasing goods as a consumer.
- Details of your guarantee rights in respect of each product type are set out in our • Guarantee Policy. These guarantees are in addition to and do not limit your statutory rights as a consumer, as granted by all mandatory laws and regulations applicable in your country of residence.
Events Beyond Our Reasonable Control
- We will not be responsible for any delay or failure to comply with these Terms of Sale or the Additional Policies if the delay or failure arises from any event which is unforeseeable, irresistible and beyond our reasonable control such as an accident, government legislation, court order, official sanctions or embargo, industrial action, fire, flood, adverse weather, natural disaster or any other act of God.
- Delay in our exercising or failure to exercise any right or remedy under these Terms of Sale, shall not constitute a waiver of our rights and remedies under these Terms of Sale.
- Delay in our exercising or failure to exercise any right or remedy under these Terms of Sale, shall not constitute a waiver of our rights and remedies under these Terms of Sale.
- IIn the event that one or more of the terms set out in these Terms of Sale or in the Additional Policies is held to be invalid by a competent authority, the remaining terms of the Terms of Sale and the Additional Policies shall as far as possible continue to have effect and you will still be bound by them.
Online Dispute Resolution
- If you have a problem with us regarding a product you bought on Oakley.com you can settle the dispute out of court through an online platform available in all EU member states languages, at http://ec.europa.ed/odr. You will find our e-mail address in our Impressum.
We are willing to participate in the dispute settlement procedure. A list with contact details of the acknowledged authorities responsible for dispute resolution can be found here: https://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/main/index.cfm?event=main.adr.show. For questions, clarifications and for the purpose of any claim through the ODR Platform contact us.
- This agreement is governed and shall be construed in accordance with Italian law without prejudice to your rights which cannot be otherwise excluded. In particular, we do not exclude any rights you have to make a claim in the courts of your country or to resort to a mediator, for an amicable resolution of the dispute, in accordance with your country’s applicable consumer law.
*Promotion is valid on Oakley.com and in Oakley stores from 22/11 0:01am CET to 26/11 11:59pm CET. Exclusions apply. Not valid with any other coupons, discounts or promotional offers. Terms and conditions apply.
Click here for more information.