Athleticism and beauty – a lethal combination. Erica Hosseini has both in spades. The self-proclaimed tomboy has graced magazine covers (in and out of the surf industry), been the focus of editorial features, fashion features and even appeared on “Access Hollywood.” With all of the modeling shoots she does for sponsors and editorial purposes, it’s surprising that the 5’10", blue-eyed, goofy-footed surfer/model can still find time to travel and compete (follow her adventures on http://www.ericahosseini.com).
A late-comer to surfing, Erica didn’t first hop up on a board until she was 11 and living full-time in Newport Beach, Calif. – where she still resides to this day. Having grown up playing every sport imaginable – soccer, baseball, basketball, volleyball, and lacrosse – and coming from an athletic family, the learning-curve for surfing was steep, but she quickly improved. By 14, she was competing regularly in amateur and professional contests, and qualified for the finals of the ASP Foster’s Cup at Lower Trestles. At the time, she was the youngest ever male or female to make the finals of an ASP event.
These days, she mostly lives the life of a freesurfer and a model-in-demand, while also working occasionally as an on-air personality. She’s a fitness fiend and always in search of new adventure.
- 2011 – 4th, Bud Light Lime Pro
- 2011 – 5th, Pantin Pro (6*) – Pantin, Spain
- 2011 - 2nd, Volcom Championships
- 2008 - 1st, Volcom Championships
- 2007 - 1st, Roxy Pro Junior
- 2006 - 3rd, Target Pro Junior
- 2005 - 1st, U.S Championships
- 2004 – Bronze Medal, ISA World Junior Championships – Tahiti
- 2004 – 1st, Op Pro
- 2002 – 2nd, Foster's Cup – Lower Trestles (At time, youngest male or female to make the final of an ASP event)
Oakley, Baby-G, Flip Flop Shops, Jack’s Surf Shop, Sector 9, Pro-Lite, COOLA
Tennis, trampolining, and playing with my new techy gadgets/programs