Sammy CarlsonPro Since 2006
Mt. Hood isn't a bad place to grow up, just ask Sammy Carlson. The park maestro grew up only a few minutes down the road in Tigard, Oregon. Being a local at the park and pipe summer camp mecca paid off, as Sammy started collecting big-time contest hardware by the age of 18 and went on to collect four X Games medals.
Perhaps more famously known for landing one of the first triple cork 1260s on skis, Carlson is renowned for super-progressive park skiing with an unreal rail presence. In recent years, however, his gaze has turned beyond the parks and resorts, to his favorite snow-covered playground: the backcountry. In 2013, he won an X Games gold medal in Real Ski Backcountry for his 90-second edit and he's been busy filming with Poor Boyz Productions for a project to be released in 2016.
- 7x Winter X Games Medalist
- 2014 – Gold Medal, Winter X Games "Real Ski Backcountry"
- 2013 – Gold Medal, Winter X Games "Real Ski Backcountry"
- 2011 – "Best POV," Powder Video Awards ("Can't Stop")
- 2011 – "Best Man-Made Air," Powder Video Awards
- 2010 – "Performer of the Year," Summit Action Sports Film Festival
- 2009 – 1st, Freestyle.Ch Big Air – Zurich
- 2008 – 2nd, New Zealand Freeski Open Slopestyle
- 2006 – 1st, King of Style Big Air – Stockholm, Sweden
- 2006 – 2nd, U.S. Open Slopestyle – Vail, CO
Nike, Rockstar, Oakley, APO, Dakine, Skullcandy, Swix, Marker, Mt. Bachelor
Golfing, Skateboarding, Road Biking, Youtube, Building Random Things, Hanging With Friends