Surf Reports on your iPhone
Take the mystery out of checking the surf with technology engineered to be on the go with you. Check swell direction. Monitor the weather. Chart a 2–day forecast. Get your daily mobile surf report for your favorite beaches – thousands worldwide. And do it all from the comfort of your iPhone or iPod Touch. Download Surf Wallpapers get the latest Surf News and read up on Oakley Team Rider bios. Give Mother Nature a run for her money – and find the ride of your life. Every time. With the Oakley Surf Report powered by Surfline.
Your Favorite Beach(es)
For your daily surf commute. Up to the minute info on the one habit you refuse to kick. It’s top-to-bottom instant access to your number one spot.
Mother Nature can rain on your surf parade. But, with breaking news on water conditions and continuously updated forecasts, you’ll know what direction to head.
2 Day Forecast
Life happens. Make sure nothing gets in the way of your killer waves with forecasts stretching out to two days.
Questions & Answers
What is the Oakley Surf Report for iPhone and iPod touch?
The Oakley Surf Report powered by Surfline is a free iPhone App designed for Surfers. It provides mobile access to Surf Reports, Community News, Photos, and details on your favorite professional surfers.
How do I download and install the Surf Report?
There are two ways to acquire the Surf Report App you can download directly off the itunes store here or you can find it directly on your iPhone or iPod touch via the App Store.
How much does it cost?
Nothing. It’s free.
Where is the Surf Report App getting all this information?
Oakley partnered with the industry leader in Surf Report data. Surfline.com provides all the Reports that can be found in the Surf Report App. All the news, photos, and athlete bios are provided by Oakley.com
Is the Surf Report only for the iPhone? Can I use it on any other platform?
The Surf Report is currently only compatible with any iPhone or iPod Touch running iPhone OS 2.0 or greater.
What if I find a bug or have an idea to be added to the application?
Just fill out and submit the feedback form on the right.
What Beaches can I get a report for?
The Surf Report currently tracks roughly 1,300 beaches world–wide. So if you are planning a trip to Indonesia, Tahiti, California, South Africa, or some other great surf destination, chances are the Surf Report has the information you want.
Software License Agreement for Oakley Software
- License Grant. Provided you have paid the applicable charges as required by Apple, Inc., this License grants you the nonexclusive right to download and use the Oakley/Surfline Application which contains Oakley Software, By downloading the Application containing the Oakley Software, you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions. You may only use the Oakley Software on your Apple iPhone or other Apple branded device, and you have no right to sub-license the Oakley Software. You agree that your non-exclusive License will terminate if you violate the following terms and conditions.
- Restrictions on Use. You agree that, except as otherwise provided herein, only Oakley has the right to maintain, enhance or otherwise modify the Oakley Software. You have no rights to any source code for the Oakley Software. You agree that you shall not cause or permit the modification or reverse engineering of the Software or otherwise attempt to gain access to the source code to the Software.
- Use of Information. The content provided in the Oakley/Surfline application is owned by and protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws, including but not limited to copyright, and you agree that you will not use such proprietary information or content in any way whatsoever except for the permitted use provided herein. Oakley and Surfline reserve the right to change, suspend, remove or disable access to the content at any time without notice.
- Title. Oakley owns and retains all proprietary rights, including all patent, copyright, trade secret, trademark and other intellectual property rights, in and to the Oakley Software and any corrections, bug fixes, enhancements, updates or other modifications to the Software, created by Oakley. You acknowledge that the License granted under this Agreement grants you the right to use the Oakley Software for your own personal use only, and does not provide you with title to or ownership of the Oakley Software, but only a right of limited use under the terms and conditions of this License. You will not knowingly take any action that would subject the Oakley Software to claims, liens or encumbrances.
- Transfers. Except as otherwise provided in this License, under no circumstances shall you sell, license, sub-license, publish, display, distribute, assign or otherwise transfer to a third party the Oakley Software or any copy thereof, in whole or in part, without Oakley’s prior written consent.
- Sole Remedy. If the Oakley Software contains any bugs or material defects, Oakley will, at its sole option, provide a free update that will correct the bug or defect, or replace the Oakley Software. This will be the only remedy available to you as a result of any such bug or defect.
- Disclaimer of Any Other Warranty. THE OAKLEY SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITH NO WARRANTIES WHATSOEVER. OAKLEY PROVIDES NO WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR OTHERWISE, WITH RESPECT TO THE SOFTWARE, DOCUMENTATION, OR ANY OTHER ACCOMPANYING MATERIAL. OAKLEY SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. OAKLEY SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES REGARDING THE RELIABILITY OF THE INFORMATION PROVIDED IN THE OAKLEY/SURFLINE APPLICATION. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOU DOWNLOAD THE OAKLEY SOFTWARE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES TO ANY ELECTRONIC DEVICE UTILILZING THE SOFTWARE. (SOME JURISDICTIONS DOE NOT ALLOW FOR THE WAIVER OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.)
- Limitation of Liability. IN NO EVENT SHALL OAKLEY’S LIABILITY UNDER THIS AGREEMENT FOR DAMAGES EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID TO OAKLEY BY THE CUSTOMER PURSUANT TO THIS AGREEMENT. CUSTOMER FURTHER AGREES THAT, EXCEPT AS PROVIDED ABOVE, OAKLEY WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF DATA, OR COSTS OF PROCUREMENT FOR SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, OR FOR ANY CLAIM OR DEMAND AGAINST YOU BY ANY OTHER PARTY. IN NO EVENT WILL OAKLEY BE LIABLE FOR CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THIS AGREEMENT, HOWEVER CAUSED AND UNDER ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), EVEN IF OAKLEY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE AMOUNTS PAYABLE HEREUNDER ARE BASED IN PART ON THESE LIMITATIONS, AND FURTHER AGREES THAT THESE LIMITATIONS SHALL APPLY NOTWITHSTANDING ANY FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY LIMITED REMEDY. IN NO CASE WILL OAKLEY BE HELD LIABLE FOR ANY DELAY OR FAILURE IN PERFORMANCE RESULITNG DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM ACTS OF NATURE, FORCES OR CAUSES BEYOND OAKLEY’S CONTROL.
- Changes in Terms and Conditions. Oakley may modify or terminate its services from time to time, for any reason, and without notice, including the right to terminate with or without notice.
- Entire Agreement. This License constitutes the entire agreement between you and Oakley with respect to your use of the Oakley Software and supersedes any and all prior agreements or understandings regarding the subject matter herein. No amendment or modification of this License will be effective unless it is in a writing signed by Oakley.
- Governing Law and Venue. This License shall in all respects be governed by the laws of the State of California, without reference to its principles of conflicts of laws. The exclusive venue for any dispute arising from this License shall be the state or federal courts located in Orange County, California. You specifically consent to be subject to the personal jurisdiction of such courts.