Perform Beautifully: Wake Star Amber Wing #amberROCKSoakley Twitter Contest Launches – Killer Prize Pack Up for Grabs
Amber Wing straight up rips.
Oakley’s Aussie Wakeboard Star has been rampaging through the Queen of Wake series this year – racking up wins everywhere. More importantly, she dominates…beautifully. In other words, she looks good while she does it – just like every Oakley girl.
Now you have the chance to win a killer Amber Wing prize pack, worth more than $700, just by sharing your stoke on Oakley, Rockstar and Amber. It’s all the stuff she loves:
• Oakley Caveat Eyewear
• Oakley X-Back Swim Top (Bikini)
• Oakley Ruched Bikini Bottom
• Oakley First Blush Board Shorts
• Oakley Re-Tro T-Shirt
• Liquid Force Wakeboard Signed by Amber
• Pack of Pink Rockstar Energy Drink
All you have to do is follow these instructions:
• Follow @OakleyAction, @RockStar6969, @LiquidForce and @Oakley
• Answer a trivia question about Amber Wing. Question will be going out via @OakleyAction on July 6-7. Tweet the correct answer to @OakleyAction and @Rockstar6969 with the hashtag #amberROCKSoakley
• Fans that Tweet the correct answer will be entered into the contest. One winner will be chosen at random on July 13, 2011 after 12 p.m. Pacific.
Don’t miss out on the chance to win this amazing pack of gear and Rockstar!
The #amberROCKSoakley Twitter Mania Promotion Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
Welcome to the #amberROCKSoakley Twitter Mania Promotion (the “Promotion”). Promotion may only be entered in or from the 50 United States, the District of Columbia and entries originating from any other jurisdiction are not eligible for entry. This Promotion is governed exclusively by the laws of the United States. You are not authorized to participate in the Promotion if you are not located within the United States.
1. How to Enter. During the Promotion Period, visit http://www.oakley.com/sports/wakeboard and http://www.twitter.com/oakleyaction (“Oakley’s Official Action Sports Twitter Feed”) to receive instructions on how to enter the Promotion. Prior to doing so, you will be prompted to sign into your Twitter account. If you do not have an account visit www.twitter.com to create one. Twitter accounts are free. Once logged into your Twitter account, follow the links and instructions to become a follower of @OakleyAction, @RockStar6969, @LiquidForce, and @Oakley (each, a “Handle.”). Then go to www.oakley.com/sports/wakeboard to view a trivia question (“Trivia Question”). Tweet the correct answer to @OakleyAction and @RockStar6969 with the hashtag # amberROCKSOakley and you will receive one (1) entry into the Promotion.
By entering, each entrant warrants and represents the following with respect to their Twitter message: (a) entrant is the sole and exclusive owner of the message; and (b) the message is entrant’s own creation and will not infringe on any rights of any third parties. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify any messages that are inappropriate for any reason, including without limitation, for depicting or mentioning sex, violence, drugs, alcohol and/or inappropriate language.
Limit: One (1) entry per person. If you post updates to or receive updates from twitter.com via SMS from your wireless phone, your wireless-service provider may charge you for each text message you send and receive. Please consult your wireless-service provider regarding its pricing plans. You must be an active holder of a non-private Twitter account and be a follower of each of the Handles to be eligible to enter this Promotion. All terms and conditions of Twitter.com apply. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same Twitter account. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different Twitter accounts, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant’s entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any Twitter account, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register at twitter.com will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
All entries become the sole and exclusive property of the Sponsor and receipt of entries will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, postage-due, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled entries, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. By entering the Promotion, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the judges, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Promotion.
2. Start/End Dates. Promotion begins at 12:00 pm PT on July 6, 2011 and ends at 12:00 pm PT on July 13, 2011 (“Promotion Period”).
3. Eligibility. Participation open only to legal residents of the fifty United States, the District of Columbia, who are 18 or older as of date of entry. Void outside of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia and where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. Employees, officers and directors of Oakley, Inc. (“Sponsor”), Rockstar, Inc. (“Co-sponsor”) and their respective parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, advertising and promotion agencies, manufacturers or distributors of promotion materials and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees, officers and directors are not eligible to enter. You are not authorized to participate in the Promotion if you are not located within the United States or the District of Columbia. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
4. Random Drawing/Odds. Winner will be selected in a random drawing on or about July 13, 2011 from all eligible entries that include the correct answer to the Trivia Question received during the Promotion Period. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received for the drawing. By entering the Promotion, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the judges, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Promotion.
5. Prizes. One (1) winner will receive: One (1) pair of Oakley Caveat Eyewear (approximate retail value (“ARV”): $150); one (1) Oakley X-Back Swim Top 2 (ARV: $44); one (1) Oakley Ruched Bikini Bottom (ARV: $36); one (1) pair Oakley Blush Board Shorts (ARV: $42); one (1) Oakley Re-Tro Tee (ARV: $25); One (1) pack of Rockstar Pink Energy Drink ($24) and one (1) Liquid Force Board autographed by Amber Wing (ARV: $450). Total ARV of prize pack: $771. Prizes are non-transferable. No substitutions or cash redemptions. In the case of unavailability of any prize, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. All expenses not specifically listed herein are the responsibility of winners.
6. Notification. Each potential winner will receive a direct message from Sponsor through the Twitter account used to enter the Promotion on or about July 14, 2011. Potential winners will be required to respond to the direct message and complete the Twitter Contact Form within five (5) days of receipt. If a potential winner does not respond to direct message or complete the Contact Form within the required time frame prize will be forfeited and awarded to the next runner-up. Potential winners must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Potential winners will be required to sign and return, where legal, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity Release and/or rights transfer document within five (5) calendar days of prize notification. If any potential winner is considered a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, Affidavit of Eligibility and/or Liability/Publicity must be signed by his/her parent or legal guardian. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, or fails to complete and respond to the direct message within the required time period, if any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, if any potential winner rejects his/her prize or in the event of noncompliance with these Promotion rules and requirements, such prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to the entrant with the next highest score. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given. Upon verification of the winner, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, announce the winner via the Handles.
7. Conditions. BY PARTICIPATING, ENTRANTS AND WINNERS AGREE TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, TWITTER, AND THEIR ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES AND THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENT COMPANIES, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, PARTNERS, REPRESENTATIVES, AGENTS, SUCCESSORS, ASSIGNS, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS AND DIRECTORS, FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, FOR LOSS, HARM, DAMAGE, INJURY, COST OR EXPENSE WHATSOEVER INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, PROPERTY DAMAGE, PERSONAL INJURY AND/OR DEATH WHICH MAY OCCUR IN CONNECTION WITH, PREPARATION FOR, TRAVEL TO, OR PARTICIPATION IN PROMOTION, OR POSSESSION, ACCEPTANCE AND/OR USE OR MISUSE OF PRIZE OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY PROMOTION-RELATED ACTIVITY AND FOR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION, INVASION OF PRIVACY, COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT, TRADEMARK INFRINGEMENT OR ANY OTHER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY-RELATED CAUSE OF ACTION. Any and all federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winners. Participation in Promotion and acceptance of prize constitutes each winner’s permission for Sponsor to use his/her name, address (city and state), likeness, photograph, picture, portrait, voice, biographical information, and/or any statements made by each winner regarding the Promotion or Sponsor for advertising and promotional purposes without notice or additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules, or attempt to interfere with this Promotion in any way shall be disqualified. Sponsor is not responsible if Promotion cannot take place or if any prize cannot be awarded due to travel cancellations, delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism.
8. Additional Terms. Any attempted form of entry other than as set forth above is prohibited; no automatic, programmed; robotic or similar means of entry are permitted. Sponsor, its affiliates, partners and promotion and advertising agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, telephone or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, web site, Internet, or ISP availability, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit one’s ability to enter the Promotion, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Promotion or downloading any materials in this Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend this Promotion should (in its sole discretion) virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Promotion. In such case, Sponsor may select the winners from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or web site. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Promotion or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor representatives.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
10. Disputes; Governing Law. Except where prohibited, you agree that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the federal or state courts located in California, in the United States; (2) any legal action, suit or proceeding arising out of or relating to this Promotion or the transactions contemplated hereby must be instituted exclusively in a court of competent jurisdiction located within the County of Orange, State of California and in no other jurisdiction and each party further irrevocably consents to personal jurisdiction and exclusively in, and agrees to service of process issued or authorized by, any such court; (3) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (4) under no circumstances will you be permitted to obtain awards for, and you hereby waive all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, in the United States without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law principles.
11. List of Winners. To obtain a list of winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by October 15, 2011 to: Oakley, Inc., Foothill Ranch, CA 92604, USA.
12. Sponsor. Oakley, Inc., Foothill Ranch, CA 92604, USA