Oakley Athletes Dominate at UCI MTB XC World Cup in Champery, Switzerland
One week after a phenomenal MTB World Championships in Canberra, Australia the complete MTB XC Elite met again in the mountains of Switzerland to fight again for the overall World Cup title in the 2nd to last race.
The women’s race was clearly dominated Oakley’s Austrian Lisi Osl, who again is in the leaders jersey.
The men’s race was even more interesting. Reigning Olympic Champion Julien Absalon lead the race until the last lap when he suffered from severe fatigue. Julien’s setback gave chasing rider and new U23 World Champion, Burry Stander, the opportunity to win his first ever World Cup win.
1. Lisi Osl (OAKLEY ENDURING; AUT)
2. Anna Szafraniec
3. Lene Byberg
1. Burry Stander (OAKLEY RADAR; RSA)
2. Julien Absalon (OAKLEY RADAR; FRA)
3. Ralf Naef
4. Lukas Flückiger (OAKLEY RADAR; SUI)
5. Mathias Flückiger (OAKLEY RADAR, SUI)