Bryce Menzies Wins 2014 SCORE Baja 500
Las Vegas native Bryce Menzies won the 2014 SCORE Baja 500 over the weekend in a two-day, 447.86-mile shootout for the title. Menzies toed the line on June 7th as one of 232 starters. He ended the event first out of the eventual 126 total finishers.
Meznies powered the #70 Trophy Truck to its third Baja 500 victory in the past four years. Finishing the race in 8 hours, 51 minutes and 50 seconds, Menzies’ Ford F-150 averaged 50.56 miles per hour.
The eventual race winner had to come from behind to score his victory as he was clocked 11th at the 115-mile mark. After overtaking his teammate Jesse Jones near the entrance of the Baja Peninsula to San Matias, it was nothing but open road and clean air for Menzies to push his #70 Trophy Truck to the victory.
SCORE TROPHY TRUCK
1. Bryce Menzies, Las Vegas, Ford F-150, 8:51:50 (50.56 miles per hour)
2. Jason Voss/Rich Voss, Cupertino, Calif., Ford F-150, 8:55:17
3. Jesse Jones, Phoenix, Ford F-150, 8:57:21
4. B.J. Baldwin, Las Vegas, Chevy Silverado, 9:04:55
5. Rob MacCachren, Las Vegas, Ford F-150, 9:11:30