Schlopy Keeps Rolling! New World Champion Tallies Slopestyle Win at Dew Tour Snowbasin, Kaya Turski Takes Women’s Win
This kid just keeps on chargin’.
Oakley’s young ski shredder Alex Schlopy, the new FIS World Champion and Winter X Gold Medalist, racked up yet another victory with a first place slopestyle finish at the Dew Tour-Snowbasin. The win brought him his first Dew Tour hardware piece – right on his home turf.
“It’s crazy to have won, Alex said, rockin’ his Oakley goggles and gear. “I’ve been looking at those Dew Tour trophies for a long time, and I finally got one so I’m stoked. It’s a beautiful day out here, and we’re having fun. It’s Utah, my hometown state so it’s good.”
He threw down a front 3 swap, blind 3 swap, blind 2 out, blind 630 out of the canyon, leftside 900 to switch 1440 to take the victory.
Meanwhile, Oakley Women’s Star Skier Kaya Turski, fresh off a gold medal of her own at Winter X 15, topped the field for a Dew Tour win of her own.
Kaya’s front switchup into switch 270 blind up to a front 270 out of the flat rail to a cab 720 to a cab 540 – bested the competition and wouldn’t be matched.
“I’m just really excited to have won today,”Kaya said. “I pulled it together, and I’m really stoked on my season so far so I hope I can just keep it going.”
2011 Winter Dew Tour
1. Alex Schlopy, Park City, UT, 94.50
2. Joss Christensen, Park City, UT, 92.00
3. Russ Henshaw, Australia, 87.50
4. Bobby Brown, Breckenridge, CO, 85.00
7. Sammy Carlson, Tigard, OR, 80.75
9. Tom Wallisch, Pittsburgh, 69.50
10. McRae Williams, Park City, UT, 65.00
11. Dane Tudor, Palmer, AK, 55.50
1. Kaya Turski, Canada, 89.50
2. Devin Logan, Dover, VT, 85.00
3. Anna Segal, Australia, 79.25
5. Keri Herman, Breckenridge, CO, 65.50
6. Ashley Battersby, Park City, UT, 61.75