Ultimately, I depend on Oakley to keep my eyes safe….whether it’s from dirt flying up in my eyes, branches hitting my face or the sunlight blinding my vision. But when it comes to performance I have to depend on having the most accurate vision. I always thought it came down to natural talent, but after seeing how Oakley tests their lenses for optics I realize that with bad lenses it could completely take away your natural talent. You have to see things exactly where they are at, or else. Bottom line…If I can’t see I can’t win.
- 4x World Champion
- 6x World Cup Champion
- 9x National Champion
- Author with Lee McCormack on “Mastering Mountain Biking Skills”
- More wins than any other male mountain biker
- 25 World Cup victories
When your job is racing motocross rain or shine, your eyewear is something you need to take seriously. If you can’t see then you can’t perform at the top level but with Oakley’s HDO laminated tear-off system, I can stack on as many tear-offs as I need and still have the clarity that I expect and rely on to focus on the track. This system gives me the confidence I need in nasty situations. This is why Oakley once again has proven to be the leader when it comes to eyewear and the sport of MX.
- Recognized in the sport as the G.O.A.T. (Greatest Of All Time) with 144 career victories at the professional level
- The Winningest athlete in the history of the sport of motocross
- 150 combined Motocross and Supercross wins
- 16 AMS championships
When I start a race, I want to make sure that no matter what happens, good start or bad, I will have the vision it takes to WIN. With Oakley’s HDO laminated tear-off system I can prepare for the worst case scenario but still maintain the clarity that is needed to see the changing lines on the track.
- 2009 X Games 15 Silver Medal Best Whip
- 2009 AMA Supercross Champion
- 2009 FIM World Supercross Champion
- 2008 AMA Motocross National Champion
- 2008 Motocross of Nations Champion
When doing a back flip on a 200+ pound motorcycle it is pretty important to see where you are landing. The matter of a few inches could be the distance that lets you ride away or get hauled away. You can imagine the quality of vision that I rely on in these situations, without a doubt I choose Oakley for their HDO® optics because no other company can offer the superior clarity that is mandatory for my success.
- Completed the “Impossible Jump,” doing a world record back-flip over the fountains in front of Caesars Palace, Las Vegas, seen live on ESPN.
- 2002 X-games Gold Medal
- 1998-1999 Vans Triple Crown Champion
- 2000 Gravity Games & 1991 AMA 80cc 14-15 Year Old Champion
As a skier I have been using Oakley eyewear for 18 years. The goggles have always been known as the best in the snow industry. What’s been the best for me is how unreal the optics and fit are. Other goggle companies take lens clarity for granted. It is just the old school nature of making goggles. But with Oakley’s latest invention of putting its high definition optics into a goggle lens it has completely changed the performance. For me, the lenses are so good I don’t even know I have goggles on anymore.
- 5x Powder Video Awards, Reader Poll Winner
- 2x Powder Video Awards, Full Throttle Winner
- 2008 Fri Flyt Prisen Athlete of the Decade
- 2001, 2002 ESPN Action Sports and Music Awards Male Skier of the Year
- 2001, 2001 Powder Video Awards Male Skier of the Year
Wearing sunglasses while playing golf has always been a challenge for me. Until I started using Oakley I didn’t realize that it was inferior optics of other brands that made it difficult. With Oakley I can now see the ball exactly where it is supposed to be. No more distortion that can change my depth perception. That is what the O gives you that no one else can. And best of all my eyes will be better for it later in life!
- Won US Am
- Low Am at Masters
- 4 Time All American at University of Arizona
In snowboarding, we are outside performing at all hours of the day, in every type of condition. Because of Oakley’s HDO® lenses in every variety of color, I am always able to have confidence in the fact that I have the clearest vision possible through the fog, snow and sun. I also know that with Oakley High Definition Optics® I see things exactly where they are supposed to be. Riding a half pipe can create depth perception problems in itself, but with Oakley I know that my eyes are not playing tricks on me. Oakley gives me confidence.
- 4x X Games Women’s Superpipe Gold
- 1st Action Sports Female on the Cover of ESPN Magazine
- 2008 ESPY Award Best Action Sports Female
- 2008 Dew Tour Champion
- 2006 Olympic Silver Medal
- 2006 Saas Fee World Cup Champion
- 2003 & 2006 Overall Grand Prix Champion
Standing at the top of a contest, there is a lot on my mind. Fortunately, the last thing on my mind is my goggles. I trust Oakley to deliver the best technology so I can focus on the contest run instead of my eyewear.
- 2007 Burton Global Open Champion
- 5x (2003, 2006,2008,2009,2010) Gold Winter X Games Superpipe
- 4x (2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2009) Gold Winter X Games Slopestyle
- 2009 1st Burton European Open Slopestyle
- 2009 Burton European Open Overall Champ
My eyesight is definitely something that I do not take for granted. Skating outdoors as much as I do should be cause for concern when it comes to my eyes due to the sun’s harmful rays, but I never have to worry about that thanks to Oakley. Their durable and stylish eyewear, with perfect optics, enables me to skate for hours on end while being protected from any potential hazards.
- Featured in video game Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater (He is featured in all of the games with the exception of Pro Skater 3.)
- 2008 Gold Summer X Games Big Air
- 2007 Gold Summer X Games Skateboard Big Air
- 2005 Gold Summer X Games Vert Best Trick
For me, it is all about performance and perfection on the golf course. I have to see things exactly where they are supposed to be, especially the ball. The slightest change can throw my accuracy off. With my Oakley eyewear, I can trust that I have the latest in innovative technology. With a dependable company such as Oakley, I feel that I am one up before I reach the first tee.
- 89 Career Wins & 72 LPGA Career Wins
- 10 LPGA Major Victories, including at least one victory at each of the Majors.
- 3 time U.S. Women's Open Champion
- 8 Rolex Player of the Year Awards: 1995, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004 and 2005
Xterra, or off road triathlon, is a hardcore sport. Especially on the mountain bike leg, where it is crucial to see the trail clearly. One small mistake, and you’re wrapped around a tree or decorating a rock garden. Rushing wind makes your eyes tear up. Dust, flying debris, branches overhanging the trail, and believe it or not, flying insects can ruin your race in the blink of an eye. Oakley provides clear, 100% distortion free protection for every course and every light condition. I don’t leave home without them.
- 2x Olympian
- 3x Xterra World Champion
- 5x All Africa Triathlon Champion
When I’m skiing big mountain lines, I never know exactly what to expect. I don’t have any control over most of the elements involved and I am constantly adjusting to ever changing conditions. At any given time, I might find myself in an undesirable situation so it’s important for me to be alert, sharp, to used my senses and to stay focused. There is nothing I can do about bad weather or poor snow conditions. On the other hand, my health, attitude knowledge, experience and equipment are all factors which I do have control over and they all have an equal impact on my safety and the way that I ski. To ensure my highest level of performance it is crucial that I use equipment which I trust and when it comes to eyewear, I believe that with Oakley, I will see the mountain relief with the best accuracy. Through the world’s most optically correct goggle, I can trust that the terrain in front of me will appear as it is. On top of that, the wide peripheral view that Oakley goggles provide makes it easier for me to keep an eye out for snow activity, and the comfort of the fit allows me to forget about my goggles and focus more on everything else that goes on in the mountains.
- Co-founder of Alpine Initiative
- Featured in Films segments for Poor Boyz Productions since1997
- 2009 2nd place Red Bull Linecatcher
- 2009 2nd place Red Bull Cold Rush
- 2005 Winner Powder Magazine Video Awards Best P.O.V.
- 2006 Nominated Powder Magazine Video Awards Best Male Performance
I really don’t know how I would get by cycling in the mountain around Boulder without my Oakley M Frames. I have lenses for every light condition, which can give me the clear vision I need to make accurate turns while descending in shadows and low light. The fact that they are basically bulletproof has probably saved my life more than once as well. When getting about 60 miles an hour and something flies up to your face, I know that, without my Oakley’s, my eyes and I would be toast. I also greatly depend on Oakley for relaxing my muscles. Being tense can start with your eyes. If you have to squint or you get headaches from inferior sunglasses the rest of your body suffers from it. Being at your physical limit for 8+ hours you need every advantage you can get to keep your body from wearing out.
- 2x Ironman Triathlon World Champion