Here’s a news flash for you: Oakley has created a handmade acetate frame with rich colors that show their stuff in the beauty of beveled edges, and its chic shape has the eye appeal of confident charm. Style keeps you current with stems inspired by Convey™, our best-selling Rx frame, and metal accents tell the story. The front-page news is how this Oakley original wraps fashion around science, bringing great vision to a great look.
The shape of News Flash™ has cat-eye personality, and the comfortably lightweight design is accented with metal detailing at the hinges. This Oakley original comes with pure Plutonite® lenses that refuse to let a single ray of UV get through. As far as visual clarity and impact resistance, we could tell you how they meet ANSI Z80.3 standards, but the icons on the sides are a dead giveaway on quality.
News Flash is available with Oakley HDPolarized lenses that filter out 99% of reflected glare. You can also pair this beauty with gradient lenses (darker at the top, lighter at the bottom). And you can even match the frame with Oakley Authentic Prescription Lenses. See your eye care professional about the prescription range and premium options.
- Handmade acetate frame in multilayer design
- Unobtainium® pads on inner facing of earstems for a comfortably secure fit
- Sculpturally detailed hinges with metal icons
- Performance and protection that meets or exceeds ANSI Z80.3 optical and basic impact standards
- Protection of Plutonite® lens material that filters out 100% of all UVA, UVB, UVC and harmful blue light up to 400nm
- Minimized glare via technology that produces the best polarized lenses on the planet: HDPolarized optics (optional)
- Varied field of light transmission (top to bottom) via lenses with gradient shading (optional)
- Available with Oakley Authentic Prescription Lenses
- Exclusive women’s eyewear case included
Designed to balance light transmission and reduce glare, this premium lens coating is made with superheated metal oxides. It is available in a spectrum of colors for optimizing vision in virtually any light condition.