The last couple years have been a whirlwind of promo shoots and non-stop competition for Australia’s Julian Wilson. Since qualifying for the WSL World Tour in 2011, he’s been circling the globe and living the glamorous life of a prodigious talent and heart-throb (have you seen the way the young ladies scream when he’s near?!). Along the way, Julian has proved himself more than an aerialist or performance wave specialist. There was the historic tow session during the Code Red swell at Teahupo’o in 2011, where Julian was one of the few Tour guys to charge the ferocious conditions on hand, and then his first-ever WCT win at Portugal in 2012, where he proved that he can compete with the best in the world.
The accolades have certainly been many over the years: attempting and landing the world’s first “Sushi Roll” (2007); the youngest-ever recipient of the Surfer Poll award for “Best Performance of the Year” for his part in Quiksilver’s “Young Guns III” (2008); and Pipeline Masters and Triple Crown Champion (2014). Between his competitive fire and desire to improve, there’s no reason to believe the momentum will cease any time soon.
Aside from his surfing talents, Julian is also an ambassador for the National Breast Cancer Foundation. His mother is a breast cancer survivor, so Julian is known to ride pink boards and integrate teh color in his signature products with sponsors.
- 2015 – =2nd, J-Bay Open (CT) – Final cancelled due to shark attack.
- 2015 – 2nd, Fiji Open (CT)
- 2015 – 2nd, Quiksilver Pro Gold Coast (CT)
- 2014 – Vans Triple Crown of Surfing Champion
- 2014 – 1st, Billabong Pipeline Masters (CT)
- 2013 – 2nd, Hurley Pro - Lower Trestles, CA (CT)
- 2012 – 1st, Quiksilver Pro Portugal (CT)
- 2012 – 1st, Nike US Open of Surfing – Huntington Beach (QS)
- 2011 – 1st, Quiksilver Pro Portugal (CT)
- 2010 – Triple Crown "Rookie of the Year"
- 2010 – 2nd, O'Neill World Cup - Sunset Beach (Prime)
- 2010 – Released First Signature Film, “Scratching the Surface”
- 2008 – Surfer Poll Awards' “Best Performance of the Year” for Young Guns III (Youngest-ever recipient)
Hurley, Red Bull, Oakley, FCS, Sol Republic, Team Pink, Audi
Gold, skating, moto, longboarding