POLARIZED PIT BOSS® II
As raceway warriors do battle, the pit boss is the general who commands supreme power, and the name of this Oakley original salutes that level of respect. Pit Boss® II is a magnificent piece of engineering that features comfortably lightweight O Matter® with titanium plating, HDPolarized lenses with Oakley Hydrophobic coating that repels water and smudges, and High Definition Optics® (HDO®). Packaged in a premium collector’s display box, this is a sunglass that tells the world you’ve not only arrived; you’re on a path they can only hope to follow.
Pit Boss II is a showcase for some of the finest technologies ever utilized in sunglasses. The titanium plating is honed by Computer Numeric Controlled (CNC) machining with tolerances of precision within two thousandths of an inch. Hexalobular bolts secure the plates for high velocity impact protection, and a comfortable Three-Point Fit keeps the lenses in precise optical alignment. When you gaze through those lenses, you’ll forget every notion you have about sunglasses.
Even with the 8.75 base lens curvature that maximizes peripheral vision and side protection against sun, wind and impact, you’ll experience razor-sharp clarity at every angle of view because the technologies of HDO include XYZ Optics®. Oakley HDPolarized lenses filter out 99% of reflected glare, and we added Anti-Reflective (AR) coating on the backside. The pure Plutonite® lenses filter out 100% of all UV while optimizing impact resistance.
All three renditions feature Iridium® lens coating for balanced light transmission and even more glare reduction. The Black Iridium Polarized edition is tuned to help you maintain color recognition, and both the Tungsten Iridium Polarized and VR28® Black Iridium Polarized editions increase visual contrast to boost depth perception. A Microclear bag is included for frame storage and lens cleaning.
Pit Boss II can be matched with Oakley Authentic Prescription Lenses in a wide array of options. Choose Single Vision or Progressive. Ask your eye care professional about the prescription range.
- Comfort and performance of Three-Point Fit that holds lenses in precise optical alignment
- Durability and all-day comfort of lightweight, stress-resistant O Matter® frame material
- Ultra-lightweight Titanium forged plates, CNC machined to precision within 0.002”
- Hexalobular Bolts secure impact plates for high
- HD Polarized – Minimized glare via technology that produces the best polarized lenses on the planet
- Added protection and glare reduction of backside Anti-Reflective (AR) coating
- Glare reduction and tuned light transmission of Iridium® lens coating (optional)
- Optimized peripheral view and side coverage of 8.75 Base lens geometry
- Optical precision and impact resistance meet or exceed Z80.3 optical and basic impact standards
- UV protection of Plutonite® lens material that filters out 100% of UVA/UVB/UVC & harmful blue light up to 400 nm
- Oakley Hydrophobic and Oleophobic coating on both front and back lenses
- Available with Oakley prescription lenses: Single Vision and Progressive
- Includes premium collector’s display box
- Includes Microfiber lens cleaning and storage bag
Designed to balance light transmission and reduce glare, this premium lens coating is made with superheated metal oxides. It is available in a spectrum of colors for optimizing vision in virtually any light condition.
Improving safety, comfort and performance, Oakley HDPolarized lenses filter out 99% of reflected glare without the haze and optical distortion that can come with polarized lenses made with conventional manufacturing techniques.