OAKLEY RACE MID
The fit is so comfortable, you'll probably forget we built it with fire retardant leather and self-extinguishing split suede. But we did, along with everything else the pros demanded. That includes the fire shielding of patented CarbonX®, a synthetic that outperforms all NFPA 2112 standards for flame resistant garments. For tactile response, the 3-D anatomical construction includes a high-grip outsole that gives you a responsive feel of the pedal.
- SFI 3.3/5 and Formula One™ FIA approved
- Professional Grade racing footwear
- Patented CarbonX® flame-resistant lining that outperforms all standards of the NFPA 2112
- Flame Resistant Garments testing protocol
- Self-extinguishing split suede with supple comfort that shapes itself to anatomical contours
- High-grip vulcanized rubber outsole, engineered to optimize tactile response on race pedals
The technology of thermal shielding helps protect hands from rope burn by reducing the transfer of heat generated by friction. This innovation was specially engineered for fast rope descent.
Crafted with specially engineered materials and advanced construction techniques, products with this designation meet ASTM D 6413 flame resistance requirements and NFPA 1971-07 thermal resistance requirements.