ASSAULT BOOT 8 IN HW
We've engineered our share of combat gear for the U.S. military, including boots for the Elite Special Forces. The MK-II ASSAULT BOOT is how defense spending pays dividends.
This footwear is designed for improved comfort in hot environments. We optimized breathability by eliminating the foams that normally add thermal shielding in cold domains, and we kept all the premium innovations you expect from Oakley Assault Boots.
Our MK-II ASSAULT BOOT is jump ready, thanks to an over-the-ankle support shaft and a low profile lacing system that reduces entanglement risk. When you're on the march in tough territory, you'll have the comfort and feel of a lightweight design inspired by athletic shoes. The full grain leather is soft and stealthy quiet. Stability is critical when you're hauling a heavy pack, so we put a lot of R & D into the footprint to give you rock-solid footing for load bearing activities. And we didn't stop there.
The outsoles have directional lugs and they're made of a special compound from Vibram® that maximizes traction on wet/dry surfaces over a wide range of terrain. Unrivaled performance comes with improved breathability and a level of comfort you have to experience to believe. That includes prime urethane cushioning and true biomechanical support.
If you've never tried on an Oakley design, it's time to rethink your entire concept of boots. You may not be planning a desert assault or dune skirmish, but if you're into outdoor exploration in warmer weather, this is the boot for you.
(The MK-II ASSAULT BOOT is also available in a six-inch high version.)
- Unencumbered full-speed performance of lightweight, athletically inspired design
- Comfort, support and sound mitigation of full grain leather with soft temper
- Wet/dry slip resistance on smooth and rough surfaces, optimized by Vibram outsole with directional lug design
- Shock absorption of prime urethane with cushioning and biomechanical support of anatomical curvature
- High stability for load bearing applications via engineered outsole footprint
- Jump-ready design with over-the-ankle boot shaft and low profile lacing system
- Excellent durability for fast rope maneuvers, optimized by abrasion resistant outsole material
- Gusseted tongue to prevent entry of debris
- Height: Eight inches
- Made in USA
- Vibram is a registered trademark of Vibram S.p.A of Italy.
Special textiles and construction techniques enhance breathability to improve comfort by reducing the buildup of moisture and heat. The resulting micro-environment is less favorable to bacterial growth, so breathability helps reduce odor.
This denotes materials and/or structural configurations designed to maintain comfort by reducing the shock of surface impact.
Vibram rubber outsole
Vibram offers the footwear industry complete molded-rubber solutions. The proprietary formulations achieve a wide variety of performance characteristics.
Waterproof genuine full grain leather
Durable full-grain leather is enhanced with treatments during the tanning process, giving it properties of water resistance that meet industry standards.
Wet/dry slip resistance
We engineer performance for a full range of environments. Tests that measure the coefficient of friction between the shoe sole and the ground are conducted under both wet and dry conditions.