Inspired by the cockpit instrumentation of speed machines, the design of our original 12 GAUGE™ timepiece was fueled by the adrenalin of racecar drivers and fighter pilots. This special edition utilizes the material technology of the aerospace industry. A virtually indestructible element, titanium has the highest strength-to-weight ratio of any metal, and we used it to craft the case and bracelet of this limited release.
Oakley 12 GAUGE features an onboard chronograph that offers accumulated and interval timing, and like the integrated alarm, it comes with a dedicated sub dial. Accessed by a separate crown, an internal bezel can be rotated for displaying a second time zone or utilized as a countdown timer, and a tachymeter scale measures speed based on travel time and distance. Screw-down crowns maintain water resistance against pressure equivalent to a depth of 330 feet (100m). Protected by a pure sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating, the eight-hand display includes an easy-to-read date indicator. This time machine is optimized with a 48-month battery.
- Swiss made, gold plated, 13-jewel quartz movement
- Eight-hand analog display – chronograph / alarm
- Large date display (mechanical)
- Power save mechanism: reduction of power consumption by approx 70%
- 48-month battery
- Internal rotating bezel with locking crown (countdown timer /2nd time zone/tachymeter)
- Screw-down titanium case back
- High-precision Computer Numeric Control (CNC) machining
- Sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating
- Locking screw-down crown at 3 o’clock and 8 o’clock positions
- 10 bar water resistance (100 meters / 330 feet)
- Titanium & carbon composite bracelet w/ deployant clasp