Oakley Taco Tuesday Big Taco Contest
Post a picture of you celebrating Taco Tuesday on Instagram or Twitter with the hashtag #oakleybigtaco & be entered to win a pair of Big Taco sunglasses.
OAKLEY® TACO TUESDAY PHOTO CONTEST
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by Twitter® or Instagram®.
You understand you are providing your information to Sponsor, and not to Twitter or Instagram and such information will be used for the purposes of recording participation in the Contest and winner notifications.
1. CONTEST DESCRIPTION/ENTRY PERIOD: The Oakley® Taco Tuesday Photo Contest (the “Contest”) begins at 12:00:01 AM Eastern Time (ET) on November 6, 2012, and ends 11:59:59 PM ET on November 27, 2012 (the “Contest Period”).
The Contest is divided into four (4) weekly Contest Periods, each beginning and ending on Tuesday of each week (“Taco Tuesday” and/or “Taco Tuesday Contest”), during the Contest Period. Each Taco Tuesday will be executed according to the following schedule within the Contest Period.
• Each Taco Tuesday submission period (“Taco Tuesday Submission”) begins at 12:00:01 AM ET and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET.
• The Judging Period (“Judging Period”) will be on the Wednesday after the close of each Taco Tuesday Contest.
• Winners will be announced on or about Wednesday or Thursday after the close of each Taco Tuesday via email.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States who are at least eighteen (18) years of age and of the age of majority in their state of residence. Employees, officers, and directors of Sponsor, its affiliated companies, and its parent company, their immediate family members and those living in the same household are not eligible to enter or win.
3. CREATING YOUR ENTRY: To enter the Contest, take a photo of yourself enjoying Taco Tuesday. Judging will be based on: a) photo originality and, b) creativity.
• Entries must be original, owned by you, and not previously published.
• Do not feature images of any person other than yourself and/or your immediate family or friends age 18 or older. By including any such person in your Taco Tuesday Submission you warrant you have their express permission to appear and can provide written documentation of such if requested by the Sponsor. Do not include images of any object, location or building with brand names or logos, other than the Oakley brand names or logos. (If your Taco Tuesday Submission includes other logos or branded images, Sponsor has the right to blur and/or edit to remove the infringing image(s).)
• Entries will be deemed void if they include any material that, in the sole discretion of Sponsor, is immoral, sexually explicit, disparaging of any minority group, defamatory, infringing, in violation of any third party rights, in violation of any other law, or inconsistent with the image of Sponsor.
4. HOW TO ENTER: Login to your Twitter or Instagram account and Tweet (Twitter) or upload (Instagram) your photo celebrating Taco Tuesday with the hashtag #OakleyBigTaco to be entered into the respective Taco Tuesday Contest. There is a limit of one (1) entry per person per Twitter or Instagram account per each Taco Tuesday Contest. Taco Tuesday Submissions will be reviewed for compliance with these Official Rules. If there are multiple individuals appearing in a winning Taco Tuesday Submission, the prize will be awarded to the individual whose Twitter or Instagram account the photo is submitted from.
5. JUDGING AND SELECTION OF WINNERS: ALL ELIGIBLE TACO TUESDAY SUBMISSIONS RECEIVED BY SPONSOR WILL BE JUDGED AND WEIGHTED AS FOLLOWS BY THE OAKLEY JUDGING PANEL:
• Photo Originality: (50%)
• Creativity: (50%)
Judging will take place on the Wednesday after each Taco Tuesday and the entrant with the highest score for each Taco Tuesday Contest will be deemed the Winner, subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the Official Rules.
6. TIEBREAKER: In the event of a tie, the entry with the highest score in creativity will be deemed the Winner.
7. WINNER NOTIFICATION: A total of four (4) winners, one (1) winner for each respective Taco Tuesday Contest, will be notified by email on or about the Wednesday or Thursday of the respective Taco Tuesday. Except where prohibited by law, the potential winner will be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Compliance with Official Rules, a Publicity Release, and a Release of Liability within five (5) days of notification. If a potential winner does not meet these requirements within the specified period, an alternate potential winner will be named.
8. PRIZE: Four (4) winners will each receive one (1) pair of Oakley Big Taco™ sunglasses , approximate retail value (ARV $150). Prize is non-transferable. No substitution or cash redemption. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value should the advertised prize become unavailable. Federal, state, and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the winner. Prizes will be shipped to winner’s address via FedEx insured mail within 5 days from receipt of affidavit. Total ARV of all prizes: $600.
9. ODDS: All eligible entries will be judged. Odds of winning depend on the number and quality of entries. Sponsor cannot predict the number of contestants.
Sponsor is not responsible for technical, hardware, software, telephone or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, including without limitation with respect to any third party website or service, lost or unavailable network connections, web site, Internet, or ISP availability, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit one’s ability to enter the Contest, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Contest or downloading any materials in this Contest. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend this Contest should (in its sole discretion) virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, Sponsor may select the winners from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or web site. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor representatives.
11. RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ISSUES OF LAW: By participating in this Contest you release and hold harmless the Released Parties from any and all liability for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever, including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for or participation in the Contest, or possession, acceptance or use or misuse of prizes, including any and all portions of the Prize, or participation in any Contest-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement or any other intellectual property-related cause of action. Entrants also agree that the Released Parties are not responsible or liable for any injury or damage to an entrant’s or third person’s computer related to or resulting from the Contest, the entries and/or its prizes. The Sponsor reserves the right to modify or cancel the Contest in the event that any portion of any website used to administer any aspect of the Contest becomes technically corrupted.
All Federal, state, local or other laws and regulations are applicable. THE CALIFORNIA COURTS (STATE AND FEDERAL) SHALL HAVE SOLE JURISDICTION OF ANY CONTROVERSIES REGARDING THE CONTEST AND THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA SHALL GOVERN THE CONTEST. EACH ENTRANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THOSE COURTS AND HEREBY SUBMITS TO THE JURISDICTION OF THOSE COURTS. The Contest is void where restricted, taxed or prohibited by law.
12. GOVERNING LAW: All disputes concerning the construction, interpretation, validity, effect, and enforceability of these Official Rules will be governed by the laws of the State of California without regard to conflicts of law provisions. Entrant agrees that exclusive jurisdiction over any legal action arising out of or in connection with the Contest will be in state or federal courts located in California, and by entering consents to such jurisdiction and venue.
14. WINNERS LIST: A winner’s list will be posted at Oakley’s Twitter and Instagram pages on November 30, 2012.
15. SPONSOR: The Contest is sponsored by Oakley, Inc. (“Sponsor”) located at One Icon, Foothill Ranch, CA 92610.
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with, Twitter or Instagram.