Oakley Olympic-Athlete-Inspired Art Auctioned for Charity
Oscar Pistorius is fired up. He is shouting defiantly, raging against something undefined. Perhaps it’s his doubters. His obstacles. The limits people see when they look at the 2012 Olympian and Paralympic gold medalist without knowing what’s in his soul.
It’s a side of the mild-mannered Pistorius the world doesn’t typically get to see. But thanks to the creative genius of an artist who calls himself WK, you can do more than just see this side of Pistorius. You can own it.
WORLD-CLASS ATHLETES, WORLD-RENOWNED ARTISTS
Athletes and art are integral parts of Oakley’s DNA, so when the opportunity arose to combine the two for charitable giving, we pounced. Visit Oakley.com/BeyondReasonAuctions to bid on original works of art inspired by Pistorius, three-time gold medalist Kerri Walsh, hurdler Lolo Jones and other Olympic athletes.
All proceeds from the auction sales of each piece of art go to the portrayed athlete’s chosen charity organization.
Artworks available for bidding include:
• Oscar Pistorius by WK Interact: Recycle wood with acrylic paint over a layer of larger print varnish, 79 × 79 inches. Charity: Challenged Athletes Foundation
• Kerri Walsh by Les Rogers: Acrylic on canvas, 120 × 24 inches. Charity: Chase The Stars Foundation
• Mark Cavendish by Si Scott: Paper cutout on board, 245 × 24 inches. Charity: Right To Play.
• Javier Gomez by El Pez: Mixed Media, 39 × 39 inches. Charity: UNICEF UK
• Lolo Jones by Sarah Olsen: Oil on wood panel, 60 × 48 inches. Charity: TBD
See these works of art and bid now Oakley.com/BeyondReasonAuctions. Auctions will officially end at 3 p.m. PST on Oct. 1, 2012.