Announcing: TRANSFORMERS 3D Gascan Facebook Contest
Oakley today announced the release of the Limited Edition TRANSFORMERS™ 3D Gascan to commemorate the debut of “TRANSFORMERS: Dark of the Moon,” a much anticipated 3D feature film. In celebration of the release, we are holding a sweepstakes on Oakley’s Facebook page to give away 10 pairs of the TRANSFORMERS 3D Gascan.
To enter the contest, visit the Oakley Facebook page and answer the question posed on the contest tab.
THE “TRANSFORMERS 3D GASCAN PROMOTION”
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility. OPEN ONLY TO INDIVIDUALS WHO ARE LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES AND DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO ARE AT LEAST EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OLD OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF ENTRY AND WHO ARE FANS OF OAKLEY’S FACEBOOK PAGE (“Participant/s” or “Entrant/s”). Employees, officers and directors of Oakley, Inc. its parent, subsidiaries, and affiliated companies, advertising, promotion, or production agencies, web masters/suppliers and their IRS dependents and immediate family members (spouse, parents, children, siblings) and individuals residing in their same household, (whether or not related) are not eligible to participate. By entering the Promotion, Participant (and Participant’s parent/legal guardian if Entrant is a minor) fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these Official Rules. Void outside the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia and where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
2. Promotion Period: The TRANSFORMERS 3D GASCAN PROMOTION (“Promotion”) begins 12:00:01 am PST on June 17, 2011 and ends at 11:59:59 pm PST on June 24, 2011 (the “Promotion Period”).
3. To Enter: To enter in the Promotion, visit http://apps.facebook.com/oakley, LIKE the Oakley Facebook page, correctly answer the question about Oakley’s 3D technology (the “Question”), and complete the entry form with name, email, date of birth. Only Participants who Like Oakley’s Facebook page, correctly answer the Question and agree to be bound by the Official Rules will be entered for a chance to win. One entry per Facebook email account/per household during the Promotion Period. Any attempt by any Participant to obtain entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that Participant’s entry, and that Participant may be disqualified.
All entries must be received no later than 11:59:59pm PST at the end of the Promotion Period. No automated entry devices and/or programs are permitted. All entries become the sole and exclusive property of the Sponsor, and receipt of entries will not be acknowledged or returned. The Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled entries (any of which factors can result in the entry being disqualified), or for problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic. Only fully completed entries are eligible. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by the Sponsor.
4. RANDOM DRAWING: Ten (10) winners will be selected by random drawing from all eligible Participants who Like Oakley’s Facebook page and correctly answer the Question during the Promotional Period. The random drawing will be conducted on or about June 27, 2011 by an independent judging agency whose decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to this Promotion. Prize winner will be notified by phone, e-mail and/or mail at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Prizes will be mailed to winners via insured U.S. Postal Service no later than ten (10) days after notification. Allow four to six weeks for delivery. No substitution, cash redemption or transfer of prize, but Sponsor reserves right to substitute prize with prize of equal or greater value if advertised prize becomes unavailable for any reason. If a winner is less than the age of majority in his/her jurisdiction of residence, prize may be awarded in the name of, or to, winner’s parent/legal guardian who must execute all documents and agree to all obligations and undertakings of winner, both on behalf of himself/herself and winner, or prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. By entering the Promotion, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the judges. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Participants.
5. PRIZES/ODDS: Ten (10) winners will each be awarded one (1) pair of Oakley Limited Edition Transformers 3D Gascan sunglasses (the “Prize”). Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $150 USD. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates. Prize is non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize or prize component for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use.
6. Notification. Potential winner will be required to sign and return to Sponsor, where legal, an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release immediately upon being selected as a potential winner. If any potential winner is considered a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, Liability/Publicity Release must be signed by his/her parent or legal guardian and such prize will be delivered to minor’s parent/legal guardian and awarded in the name of parent/legal guardian. If any potential winner rejects his/her prize or in the event of noncompliance with these Official Rules, such prize will be forfeited and the next eligible Participant will be selected as a potential winner. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given.
7. General: All federal, state, and local rules and regulations apply. By receipt of any prize, winners agree to the use of their name, likeness, and biographical information for purposes of advertising, trade or promotion without further notice or compensation except where prohibited by law. By participating in the Promotion, or by accepting a prize, all entrants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its subsidiaries, affiliates, service providers, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies, officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever, including, without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in the Promotion, or possession, acceptance, and/or use or misuse of any prize or participation in any Promotion-related activity and claims based on publicity rights, copyright infringement, trademark infringement, intellectual property rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Promotion for any reason. All taxes are the sole responsibility of the winners.
8. Additional Terms: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Promotion, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In case of dispute as to the identity of any entrant, entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. Any potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that such winner is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry.
9. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, web site, Internet, or ISP availability; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, or undeliverable entries; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Promotion, if timing permits. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded.
10. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the federal or state courts located in California, in the United States; (2) any legal action, suit or proceeding arising out of or relating to this Promotion or the transactions contemplated hereby must be instituted exclusively in a court of competent jurisdiction located within the County of Orange, State of California and in no other jurisdiction and each party further irrevocably consents to personal jurisdiction and exclusively in, and agrees to service of process issued or authorized by, any such court; (3) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (4) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, in the United States without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law principles.
12. Winners List: For a list of winners, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope between August 1, 2011 and October 31, 2011, Oakley, Inc., 1 Icon, Foothill Ranch, CA 92610, USA or visit oakley.com.
13. Sponsor: Oakley, Inc., 1 Icon. Foothill Ranch, CA 92610, USA.
TRANSFORMERS and all related characters are trademarks of Hasbro and are used with permission. © 2011 Hasbro. All Rights Reserved. Hasbro is not a sponsor of this sweepstakes.