Oakley Tron 3D Gascan Twitter Contest Giveaway
Congratulations to @hygeineology and @loganDX for winning the Tron Limited Edition 3D Gascans!
Oakley collaborated with Disney to honor the reinvention of a legacy that began three decades ago, with the Tron Limited Edition 3D GASCAN® eyewear. Tron Legacy opened in theaters on December 17, 2010. In conjunction with the opening of the movie, Oakley will be giving away two Tron Limited Edition 3D Gascans® through a Twitter contest.
On December 20, 2010 a question will be posted on the Oakley Twitter account. On December 21st, two random winners will be selected from those that answer the question correctly and include the hashtag #HDO3D.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
Promotion is open only to individuals who are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including the District of Columbia) who are current followers of Oakley’s Twitter account and at least eighteen years old at the time of entering this Promotion (“Contestants”). Employees of Sponsor and its affiliates, subsidiaries, service providers, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers and the immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each of the foregoing are not eligible.
This Promotion is governed exclusively by the laws of the United States.
1. How to Enter: To enter in the TRON TWITTER CONTEST (“the promotion”), you must follow Oakley at Twitter.com/Oakley to receive information on the quiz. Participants that tweet the correct answer to @oakley and include hash tag “#HDO3D” will be entered to win a pair of Oakley sunglasses (“Answer”). The Tron Tweets will be tweeted on the Oakley Twitter page between 12:01am Pacific Time (PT) on December 20, 2010 and 11:59pm PT on December 20, 2010 (the “Promotion Period”). Only eligible Contestants who submit the correct answer to @oakley and include the “#HDO3D” hashtag with their answer will be selected as a potential winner. Only correct answers of the valid Tron Twitter Question submitted during the Promotion Period are eligible during the Promotion.
All entries must be received no later than 11:59:59pm PT at the end of the Promotion Period. No automated entry devices and/or programs permitted. All entries become the sole and exclusive property of Sponsor and receipt of entries will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled entries, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic. Only fully completed tweets (including correct answer, @oakley, and #HDO3D) are eligible. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor.
2. Eligibility: The Promotion is open only to individuals who are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including the District of Columbia) who are current followers of Oakley’s Twitter account and who are at least eighteen years old at the time of entering this Promotion. Employees of Sponsor and its affiliates, subsidiaries, service providers, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers and the immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each of the foregoing are not eligible. Void where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Only one (1) winner per household per Promotion Period.
3. Odds: Contestants who correctly answer the quiz question from the Oakley Twitter page during the Promotion Period will be entered in the random drawing to win a pair of Oakley Limited Edition Tron 3D Gascans. Two (2) times during the Promotion Period Contestants will have an opportunity to answer a valid Tron quiz question from the Oakley Twitter page. Two winners will be selected at random from the valid Tron quiz answers posted on Twitter. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Contestants who post a correct answer to the Tron quiz question during the Promotion Period.
Prize: Two (2) winners will be selected during the Promotion Period. Winners will receive a one (1) pair of Oakley Limited Edition Tron 3D Gascan sunglasses. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the Prize: $150 USD, but actual value may vary depending upon potential winner’s place of residence. Potential prize winner will not receive difference between actual and approximate retail value.
Total ARV for all prizes in the Promotion: $300. Prizes are non-transferable. No substitutions or cash redemptions. In the case of unavailability of any prize, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Limit one (1) prize per person per household during the Promotion Period. All taxes, gratuities, and unspecified expenses are the sole responsibility of the winners. Allow 4-6 weeks for prize delivery.
5. Notification. Potential Winners will be selected at random from the correct quiz answers of the valid Tron quiz question at 4:00pm PST 1 day after the quiz question has been posted. Potential winners will be required to sign and return to the Representative, where legal, an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release immediately upon being selected as a potential winner. If any potential winner is considered a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, Liability/Publicity Release must be signed by his/her parent or legal guardian and such prize will be delivered to minor’s parent/legal guardian and awarded in the name of parent/legal guardian. If any potential winner rejects his/her prize or in the event of noncompliance with these Official Rules, such prize will be forfeited and the next eligible Contestant will be selected at random from the correct quiz answers of the valid Tron quiz question as a potential winner. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given.
6. General: All federal, state, and local rules and regulations apply. By receipt of any prize, winners agree to the use of their name, likeness, and biographical information for purposes of advertising, trade or promotion without further notice or compensation except where prohibited by law. By participating in the Promotion, or by accepting a prize, all entrants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its subsidiaries, affiliates, service providers, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies, officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever, including, without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in the Promotion, or possession, acceptance, and/or use or misuse of any prize or participation in any Promotion-related activity and claims based on publicity rights, copyright infringement, trademark infringement, intellectual property rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Promotion for any reason. All taxes are the sole responsibility of the winners.
7. Additional Terms: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Promotion, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In case of dispute as to the identity of any entrant, entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. Any potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that such winner is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry.
8. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, web site, Internet, or ISP availability; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, or undeliverable entries; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Promotion, if timing permits. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded.
9. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the federal or state courts located in California, in the United States; (2) any legal action, suit or proceeding arising out of or relating to this Promotion or the transactions contemplated hereby must be instituted exclusively in a court of competent jurisdiction located within the County of Orange, State of California and in no other jurisdiction and each party further irrevocably consents to personal jurisdiction and exclusively in, and agrees to service of process issued or authorized by, any such court; (3) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (4) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, in the United States without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law principles.
11. Winners List: For a list of winners, sent a stamped, self-addressed envelope between December 20th, 2010 and April 30th, 2011 Oakley, Inc., Foothill Ranch, CA 92610, USA or visit Oakley.com.
12. Sponsor: Oakley, Inc., Foothill Ranch, CA 92614, USA